Wednesday 30 October 2013

Martha's, Healthy Food in Glasgow City Centre

To celebrate the launch of Lassies who Lunch we decided to head out for our first official lunch date. It would be rude not too!

Us lassies are all on a bit of a 'health kick' so wanted something delicious and nutritious. Where can you get such treats in the city centre? Scottish Restaurant Awards' Takeaway of Restaurant of the Year Martha's of course! It is only two blocks from our office so we didn't need an excuse to try out their new autumn/winter menu.


Marthas Autumn Winter Menu

Stephie opted for the soup of the day, which was Carrot and Cumin and must have been delicious as we never got much chat out of her until it had been completely devoured. It did smell amazing. Along with the soup you get a slice of freshly baked bread which goes perfectly. 

Carrot and Cumin Soup


Blondie and I opted for the flat bread wraps. Blondie chose the new autumn menu Pagado Chicken with veg, Indonesian coconut, peanut and ginger dressing. Whereas i chose the Chipotle Chicken with a smoked jalapeno dressing and avocado salsa. I was in absolute heaven some of my favourite things all contained in the same wrap...GET IN!! The chicken also had a right good kick, which is always a winner in my books. (Blondie would disagree with me here - not so much a fan of the spice.)

Blonde eating wrap

What I also love about Martha's is the fact they put all their nutritional values next to all items, which makes deciding what to have for lunch somewhat easier at times. My wrap was 485 calories however, if you are looking for something a bit lighter you could skip they wrap and have a main box or go for a noodle crunch salad which is only 111 calories. :-)

As you can probably tell I'm a massive Martha's fan and can't wait til my next visit. Since we went Stephie & Blondie have both been back for soup, too. Next time I'll be indulging in a smoothie; can't believe I haven't had one yet. How amazing do they look??

Healthy Green and Purple Smoothie

My new favourite lunchtime hangout....see you there!!
_________________

Martha's
142A St Vincent Street
Glasgow, G2 5LQ
0141 248 9771 

Open 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday, 11.00am to 4:00pm Saturday


No comments:

Post a Comment